is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are currently seeking an entry-level Accounts Payable Specialist. Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Lead, the AP Specialist will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling check requests and invoices in a timely manner.
- Processes invoices and check requests.
- Reviews all invoices and check request for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Pays vendors and customers by verifying vehicle information; scheduling and preparing checks; resolves discrepancies with check requests, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or adjustments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by accurately posting account transactions.
- Answers phones as needed.
- Acts as backup for other Team members in the Accounting office.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be attentive to detail and have general math skills.
- Strong data entry abilities.
- Must communicate professionally with all levels, customers, vendors, and Team members.
- Flexibility for overtime a must.
- Individual should be able to meet deadlines under pressure.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.