The Vimeo Messaging Team (read: the humans who write the words) seeks an experienced copywriter to breathe life and good vibes into all of our brand marketing materials. Maybe you’ve spent the last decade duking it out at an agency. Perhaps you’ve been the go-to word person for a sprightly tech startup. Whatever your path, if you’ve written countless banner ads, marketing emails, podcast scripts, and landing pages, AND dreamed up non-boring tweets and brand campaigns, we’d love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our marketing, design, and communications teams to make Vimeo look and sound cool across the world and Internet (and to make $$).
- Write strategically sound and wildly engaging copy for deliverables both big and small—from emails, display ads, and paid social placements all the way to major out-of-home brand campaigns.
- Develop new strains of our brand voice that speak to our diverse and ever-growing audience, including businesses, Vimeo On Demand creators, and the people watching their stuff.
- Dream up fun and somewhat off-the-rocker ways to spread the good word (and videos) of Vimeo to humans online, at festivals and events, and around the world.
- Team up with some incredibly smart and nice and interesting people from teams across the company on a daily basis to do good work.
For maximum success, you should:
- Have 3+ years of experience writing for brands in-house or at an agency
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in English or another field that also makes sense
- Maintain a healthy obsession with style guides and grammatical exactitude
- Be familiar with SEO best practices (and maybe even SEM)
- Be a winsome collaborator and efficient, independent worker
- Know how to put the creative spin on a project while supporting its KPIs
- Write meticulously punny yet subtle internal emails for your teammates to enjoy
To apply, please send us:
- A non-generic cover letter
- An A+ resume
- A link to your portfolio
- Optional: the dream title of your yet-to-be-written memoirs
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).