BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. We combine industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care to provide best-in-class financing and lending products to power business growth at every stage of the journey To date, we've supported over 87,000 small business owners with our core financial service products and more than 300,000 small business owners through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, BlueVine has raised $102.5M and is backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12. For more information, check out our LinkedIn Page.
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. Join us as we build a brighter financial future for small businesses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
BlueVine is looking to hire a driven and experienced Senior Business Development Manager to source, develop and launch new strategic partnerships for the company. Partners are a key driver of Bluevine’s go-to-market success story; our partners promote and sell BlueVine’s banking and financing options to small business owners around the country. This is a high-impact role, ideally suited for entrepreneurial dealmakers who understand how to define, sell and close strategic partnerships because they’ve done it before. Delivering impact in this role requires creativity, superb communication skills, detail orientation, deep strategic & commercial instincts, and the strong internal motivation needed to conduct sustained outreach to C-level executives at high-potential partners through warm and cold outreach. The ideal candidate is a rockstar at getting deals initiated and closed, and just as effective at overseeing the successful implementation & launch of their partnership.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Launch new strategic partnerships that accelerate meaningful revenue growth & customer acquisition for BlueVine’s lending and banking products
- Lead full BD deal lifecycle end-to-end, including strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, pitching & selling, terms negotiation, contract drafting, launch planning, and execution
- Conduct outreach to C-level executives at target companies to pitch partnership opportunities
- Define a winning partnerships strategy & value proposition that excites partner stakeholders and propels deal momentum through signing and launch
- Structure terms, negotiate and sign new partnership agreements, in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Product and Marketing
- Manage partnership launch activity, ensuring successful rollout and scale of the program
- Ensure success of your partnerships post-launch, in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders and other relevant BD team members
- Identify areas of opportunity to sustain & scale partnership success on a quarterly basis
- Develop a deep understanding of BlueVine’s business model, and represent BlueVine in high-stakes negotiations with C-level executives at top partner companies
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in one of the following: Business Development, Partnerships, Private Equity / Venture Capital, Corporate Strategy, or Corporate Development
- Proactive business thinkers with experience building & closing a pipeline of high-impact commercial relationships
- Track record of delivering business impact through successful execution of signed deals
- Experience leading large, complex, and first-of-their-kind commercial negotiations end to end, from opportunity identification through deal execution
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal far beyond signing, and to lead/influence teams developing and implementing plans to realize the intended benefits of partnerships pursued
- Ability to clearly articulate a potential partner value prop, test it, and inspire executive confidence and sponsorship around the opportunity
- Strong negotiator and big, ambitious thinker in regards to how we drive value with our partners
- Expert communicator with C-level stakeholders both externally and internally
- Excellent analytical skills and superb commercial judgement
- Strong collaborator who can build partnerships across the organization
- Comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment under minimal guidance
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once we Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.