The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will be part of the Enterprise Analytics team that is responsible for analytics across the business functions like Sales, Finance, Marketing, and HR. This role will partner with business stakeholders and take a persona-based approach where you will understand the business strategy and build analytical solutions for various types of users across the organization that need people data to do their job! It’s an exciting time to be at Slack and be part of a team that showcases Slack at the core that drives metrics and a culture that learns how to use data by observing, understanding, and taking action!
This hands-on analytics role demands excellent knowledge of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. The candidate will be facilitating the recruiting team through defining metrics, understanding the levers that change those metrics, and develop an action-based decision-making framework.
What you will be doing:
- Facilitate data discussions with the People team to understand business strategy to craft and build key HR metrics for the business to monitor
- Communicate finding and insights to key stakeholders and influence teams to take action based on your recommendations
- Translate business challenges into questions that can be answered with data and present findings to senior leadership teams
- Be a data culture champion where you help train, educate, and foster a data driven culture.
- Partner with our HCM team to provide recommendations on data quality challenges and ensure we have the right data to capture the analytics the business needs.
- Work with large datasets to investigate key business trends, performance, issues, and behaviors
- Build and lead operational dashboards, bots, and Slack on Slack solutions using data.
What You Should Have:
- Exceptional ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses, and findings
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, constantly evolving organization
- Great attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle varying workloads with a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive, organized, detail oriented, and quality driven
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive employee information
- Highly analytical in using data and metrics to uncover insights and drive business performance
- Superb communication and collaboration skills, ability to establish good relationships with all levels of an organization
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information verbally as well as in written formats
- 4+ years of experience in consulting, talent analytics or operational environments preferred
- Statistical analysis a plus including correlation analysis, linear regressions, market basket analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with Workday and BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, micro-strategy, OBIEE, etc