· Cross-functional role working with engineering, legal, corporate development, and finance
· Closely work with engineering to understand technical requirements, and initiate communication with potential suppliers
· Design, conduct and synthesize supplier, industry and market research for assigned commodities to develop sourcing strategy
· Drive cost transparency and build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions
· Identify & achieve savings with negotiation, benchmarking, VA/VE, competitive bidding, etc.
· Maintain supplier relationship with effective communication, track supplier KPI and drive supplier to improve, and lead commercial issue resolutions
· Issue RFx for sourcing assigned commodities, and review, analyze and clarify quotation / proposal from suppliers
· Provide right recommendation based on sourcing process for approval, and finalize/release contract/PO
· Understand project schedule (EVT/DVT/PVT) and mitigate risk to manufacture functional parts for each build
· At least five (5) years experience in purchasing in high-tech, manufacturing, or automotive
· Strategic sourcing, and contract negotiations (purchasing and license agreements) skills
· Strong analytical and judgment skills
· Proficiency in using MS Excel / PowerPoint
· Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
· Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
· Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
· MBA or degree in engineering preferred
· Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Sr. Buyer, Digital Systems job post.