Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for an automotive Sr. CAD Engineer – Interior Trim. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you! This position is not for candidates that hold an advanced degree and are looking for a deeply technical or research-oriented position.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Design and engineer parts and systems for the interior systems such as seats, instrument panels, center console, door trim, hard and soft trim
- Develop conceptual packaging models for various interior components including tubes, brackets, and larger Mechanical systems.
- Work with other groups to ensure packaging compliance and clearance.
- Own, drive, and confirm your designs’ performance with help from CAE, manufacturing, and suppliers, fast paced hardware engineering department
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals such as fluid flow, thermals, strength & stiffness of materials, physics.
- Design knowledge of plastic part.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant design & engineering experience.
- Creativity within complex 3D virtual package environment
- The ability to create complex CAD models in CATIA V6 quickly and efficiently.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and how it applies to part, assembly, and customer requirements.
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- A great work ethic
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.