The Sr. Cloud Engineer is part of the Cloud Infrastructure group within IT/Digital Operations and will work with various engineering and IT teams that support a global cloud platform for connected vehicle services and telematics as well as enterprise applications.
You will be responsible for implementing an automation framework for infrastructure and application deployment for both on-prem and cloud, self-service provisioning, configuration management, CD/CI, and DevOps monitoring and SRE practices leveraging open source technologies.
Candidates should be self-motivated, a team player, possess excellent customer service skills, and be familiar with supporting large scale Engineering IT infrastructure environments. Some 24x7 on-call rotation and after-hours support may be required for this position.
The position reports to the Director, Cloud Infrastructure
· Design and implement an automated cloud services framework to support our vehicle cloud and data platform services
· Evaluate and provide recommendations on best of breed technologies to improve efficiencies and provide self service capabilities.
· Work with the Engineering teams to implement automation processes for developing and deploying their applications across the global cloud infrastructure.
· Collaborate with other team members across geographic boundaries to facilitate knowledge sharing and best practice adoption globally.
· Strong team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize accordingly.
· Some on-call rotation and after-hours support for maintenance activities is required for this position.
· 6-8 years in the field of supporting IT infrastructure and cloud services and/or a software engineering background
· At least 2 years of AWS experience running scalable web services on EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, RDS, Elasticache,etc..
· Ability to program in at least one language (C, C++, Java, Perl, Scala, .NET)
· Ability to script in at least one or more languages (Python, Ruby, BASH, PowerShell)
· Proficient in Linux system administration and comfortable with CLI tools
· Familiar with multiple integration technologies such as SOA, Web services (REST APIs, SOAP). etc…
· Good experience with DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Puppett, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, Docker, Cloud Foundry
· Experience in implementing and supporting DevOps practices, leveraging CD/CI, containers, and microservices.
· Automated stand-up and teardown of deployments via automation tools
· Familiar with Blue/Green application deployment practices
· Ability to identify root cause across various IT componentry (server, storage, network, database, etc..)
· Strong documentation and communication skills
· Some business travel may be required
· Ability to speak Mandarin a plus
· Windows and Azure cloud experience a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Sr. Cloud Engineer – Automation job post.✕