Praxis Engineering has Sr Cloud SW Engineer (all levels) opportunities on PRIME Programs supporting our local VA Customer in the NoVA area
***This is a representative requisition for multiple openings/contracts. For more details on current openings please contact [email protected]***
What you will be doing!
Software engineer needed for designing and building applications. The developer will be a part of a dynamic and growing team responsible for designing and evaluating revolutionary tools for search and discovery applications. Right individual will have solid development experience with an interest in operationalizing new tools and technologies. Duties Analyze and study complex system requirements. Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation. Translates detailed design into computer software. Implement and integrate COTS search software packages. Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product. Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation. Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency. Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools. Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met. What you will need:
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing or performing software engineering and development activities
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience understanding IT infrastructure
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Java programming
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working with SQL, and third/fourth generation languages in the design and implementation of systems and using database management systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with shell scripts
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in agile software processes and methodologies
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in Hadoop, cloud computing, and mass analytics
- 2+ years demonstrated experience building web services and XML
- 1+ years experience with Lucene 4.x
- 1+ years demonstrated experience building search and discovery applications and tools
- 1+ years demonstrated experience in linguistic processing or semantics
- 1+ years demonstrated experience in recommendation systems or machine learning
- Demonstrated independent problem solving skills appropriate to experience
TS/SCI with polygraph Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 400 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.