Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
Love talking to people and proactively solving issues? Then join our Customer Experience Team. You’ll be part of a quickly expanding group responsible for growing and maintaining our customer base. We think of ourselves as the smile behind Metromile. You will be responsible for creating fiercely loyal customers through phone calls and emails who can’t wait to share us on Facebook with all their friends.
You'll be tasked with supporting our customers through exceptional service and inspiring a growing user base to share the Metromile experience. You'll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
- Turn customers into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails & support issues promptly
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance needed
- Assist current and potential customers to navigate the site, our app and troubleshoot our devices
- Educate potential customers and continuously increase our customer base
- Manage Customer’s insurance policies by executing detailed changes
- Ask appropriate questions to verify customer’s account and resolve the inquiry
- Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done
- Comfortable on the phone, making or taking calls. You’ll love dazzling our customers when they call in or you call them.
- A utility player. You're willing to find resolutions to customer issues early, and often.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- If we asked for your Proof of Insurance card, you’d find it in less than 2 minutes.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and always asking questions to learn more.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- You’re self-aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You always try to understand where the other person is coming from before making any decisions.
- You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You understand the impact of highly satisfied customers and will pull out the red carpet for every customer. And we don’t mind if you’re slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- 1-2 years of phone Customer Service Experience (Call Center experience is preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of additional Customer Service experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Google Apps will earn you some bonus points
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bonus points for bilingual skills in Spanish
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-growing, competitive start-up environment
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident
- Very organized and diligent in prioritizing your day
- Must possess your Arizona Property and Casualty License or be able to pass the Arizona Property and Casualty License Exam to obtain your license
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Generous PTO package
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Company-sponsored team outings
- Rare opportunity to be part of a San Francisco-based start-up growing in Arizona