Senior Customer Success Manager
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What We Do
- Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and continuously gain business value from our products and services. We serve as the trusted point of contact for Slack’s strategic key customers across the customer lifecycle; on-boarding, adoption, advocacy and renewal.
- Senior Customer Success Managers work closely with our largest enterprise customers to understand how they work, their business challenges, paint the art of the possible through Slack, and coach them on how to personalize Slack to communicate, collaborate and work more effectively.
- We engage customers using a consultative approach which positions you and Slack as the preferred long-term strategic partner
- We scale our customer's success by engaging the broader Slack organization at the right time (Executive Sponsors, Customer Success Leadership, Account Executives, Value Consultants, Customer Success Specialists, Customer Experience, Renewals, and Product Managers)
What you will be doing
- You will evangelize our belief that the fastest way to achieve organizational agility is to change how people work -- and we believe that requires established enterprises to rapidly evolve culture, process and technology at scale.
- Understand the motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and desired business outcomes for your portfolio of large enterprise customers (typically 1-3)
- You will lead a cross-functional partnership across your named customer(s) and Slack and identify new ways our platform can differentiate them in the market.
- You will craft joint customer success plans that include agreed upon scope, shared metrics, user engagement, sophistication of usage, adoption plans, timelines, communication, and eliminates barriers to customer advocacy and expansion.
- Facilitate workshops with customers on best known practices, including sponsorship, governance, operating model, adoption, internal Champions network, platform maturity, and adoption techniques.
- Facilitate Executive Business Reviews with economic decision makers and Slack executive sponsors, where we celebrate shared successes, and course correct where necessary.
- Maintain high levels of engagement across a broad group of customer stakeholders, with an emphasis on customer appreciation and advocacy
- Proven success will earn you the right to act as an Executive Sponsor for select mid-market customers
- Serve as a mentor and coach to others on the Customer Success Team
- Contribute to the library of customer success assets (customer references, case studies) and thought leadership (methodology, point of view, white papers)
- Be a recognized role model of Slack’s cultural values, including empathy, courtesy, playfulness, thriving, and solidarity
What you should have
- You are passionate about the future of work, and positively impacting the working lives of people in large organizations
- This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, committed priority management and high emotional intelligence.
- You are a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in fast-growing environments and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty.
- 7+ years relevant work experience in customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting roles. SaaS experience preferred
- Experience implementing and supporting large scale technology solutions at Fortune 500 companies
- Consider program management a strength and have experience using joint sponsorship to execute against deadlines within a complex organization
- You have a passion for building trust and communicating effectively with a broad range of stakeholders: C-Suite, senior executives, business owners, Slack administrators, developers, and day-to-day users of the software
- Experience in an enterprise solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities is preferred