LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
LendingHome is seeking a highly analytical and innovative Data Scientist to join our Data team. Data drives every area of LendingHome including marketing, sales, operations, and credit, and you will be collaborating closely with all of these groups to tackle the highest priority strategic questions and to enable excellent, robust data-driven decision making.
- Define, create, and improve metrics and dashboards that precisely and accurately measure the pulse of the business
- Proactively initiate in-depth, rigorous analysis to derive meaningful insights the business can clearly act upon
- Drive improvements in business outcomes by testing new and different strategies through systematic planning and execution of experiments
- Continually explore and iterate statistical models and features to advance our understanding of key underlying business drivers
- Build production grade machine learning pipelines and data products that solve critical, complex problems and deliver business value
- Identify, research, and analyze new data sources that complement and enrich the quality of the data platform
- Support ad hoc analysis requests
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related quantitative discipline
- Excellent grasp of fundamentals in statistics and probability
- Expertise in SQL and proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with large sets of data
- Proficiency in coding and software engineering concepts. Fluency in Python/R preferred
- Experience with basic classes of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. regression, classification, boosting, clustering, time series, NLP)
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and communicate well with a diverse set of colleagues, both technical and non-technical, at all levels
- A resourceful and pragmatic approach to problem solving and recognition that the best solutions are sometimes the simplest
- Experience in Hadoop/Spark or other distributed parallel computing paradigms is a plus
Ability to transform technical analysis into easily digestible visualization is a plus
LendingHome in the News
Benefits and Perks
Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.