BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Director, Learning and Enrichment to report directly to the Chief People Officer. This senior leader will develop and implement the strategy for enrichment programs that are aligned to BuzzFeed’s overall talent and business division priorities, and that are uniquely tailored to the needs of BuzzFeed employees around the globe.
At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. This leader will use these guiding company principals as a lens to develop design and deliver solutions across the organization. This role is both strategic and hands-on. In this capacity the individual will be part evangelist and part influencer and will serve as a partner to our HR Business Partners and business leads across the company.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of BuzzFeed’s business and operations, and its People Strategy. Using this knowledge create and continuously evolve a strategy around global employee learning and development. Collaborate with others to ensure clear and timely communications to employees and execution of the strategy. This person is ultimately responsible for ensuring employees have a timely and effective onboarding and understand what development they can have during their experience at BuzzFeed.
- Lead, develop, and direct the Learning Team responsible for managing curriculum and program logistics, new hire onboarding, global and special projects. Collaborate with other members of the People Team in all aspects of work from program definition through execution and evaluation.
- Design learning solutions ranging from company-wide programs to business-specific programs to flexible tools that fulfill specific needs and achieve business results, working with external vendors and internal project teams as appropriate.
- Manage global learning programs, including the design, delivery, implementation, marketing, and ongoing evaluation of learning to ensure program quality and a valuable audience impact. Also responsible for managing the learning budget and ensuring it is allocated most effectively.
- Combine up to date knowledge of industry trends, with understanding of the Company culture and unique learning needs of employees, to keep Company provided learning programs innovative and relevant for meeting Company and Individual needs.
- Analyze metrics to measure program relevance and success; recommend improvements and refinements were needed.
- Collaborate with the People Operations team to implement and operate our Learning Management System
- Significant experience in talent / learning and development, including leadership and strategy setting for an organization, and executive development.
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate classroom and virtual programs effectively, persuasively, and with impact; ability to facilitate large group meetings
- Instructional design expertise; strong knowledge of adult learning methodologies and ability to build practical, applicable and results-driven learning programs
- Experience managing external vendor relationships and projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with all levels of employees
- Analytical skills and a proven track record developing and using metrics
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment
- Team-based, collaborative interpersonal style
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field preferred
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.