We are currently seeking a strategic thinking and operationally efficient Sr. Director of People Operations to join our team. As part of the People, Places and Learning team at Udemy and reporting to our SVP of People, you will own designing, implementing, and optimizing processes, programs, and policies to support our rapidly growing organization. This role requires someone committed to excellence who is inspired by our company’s mission to Improve Lives Through Learning.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute a People Operations strategy that translates business and people team objectives into clear policies and actionable processes
- Lead a team managing Total Rewards, Payroll, People Analytics and People Processes for a dynamic, scaling organization of 800+ employees
- Partner closely across the PPL function with our core teams: People Partners, Recruiting, Learning and Workplace to support a world class employee experience
- Design and own the development, delivery and effectiveness of core international people processes across all touchpoints of the employee journey, including: on-boarding and off-boarding, immigration, PEO vendor management, compliance/policy management, global mobilityDirect our comprehensive compensation/rewards system as well as employee equity administration
- Through partnership with other COE’s, optimize Workday and other HR technology to minimize HR activity and maximize employee experienceUse data to guide your decision making, whether it’s time saved automating a process or the ROI of delivering a great experienceSupport organizational change management and other special projects as needed
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- 10+ years of HR experience including 5+ years of management experience, preferably in a high growth - international company
- Strong HR functional expertise; experience managing or partnering in compensation, benefits, payroll, People process optimization, PEO management, HR analytics, HRIS
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required
- Effective project management, time management and organization skills
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News