Circle Pharma is a pre-clinical stage, life sciences company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics, with an initial focus in oncology. Our discovery platform allows us to address challenging therapeutic targets such as intracellular protein-protein interactions.
Our structure-based drug discovery platform encompasses target affinity, cell permeability, medicinal chemistry and macrocycle synthesis, tightly integrated with biochemistry and cellular biology. We have recently closed a $45M Series B round of funding, with investments from premier life science investors, The Column Group and Nextech Invest, and we are looking to expand our team. We seek candidates who desire to make key contributions to help drive our growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, please see our website, www.circlepharma.com
We are looking to add a Sr Director or VP of Translational Biology to our growing team. As an integral member of our science leadership team, and reporting to our CSO, our Head of Translational Biology will be responsible for collaboratively directing and managing our pharmacodynamic and diagnostic biomarker programs and executing Circle’s strategic research and clinical roadmap to advance our cyclin-targeted programs forward to the clinic.
This role offers the opportunity to play a key role in a strong multi-disciplinary scientific team while tackling important and challenging therapeutic targets, at a company with world-class scientific advisors and robust financial backing from top-tier investors. Our ideal candidate will have a track-record of excellence taking oncology research concepts and translating them into clinical applications, and will have the aptitude for working in collaboration with our existing drug discovery core groups.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with our CSO and biology team to plan and prioritize translational biology workflows across our portfolio, including our existing cyclin programs and new target programs
- Guide the transition of our research programs into pre-clinical development and beyond
- Select and manage external collaborations and contract vendors to ensure successful transition into the clinic
- Help build a high value pipeline as a part of the science leadership team working collaboratively to identify and evaluate new target opportunities, and assessing the full scope of potential therapeutic applications for our existing programs
- Work with management and research teams to ensure success at the pre-clinical level, not limited to in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, but also considering translation to human disease
- Ph.D in Biology (or M.D. with Oncology training), required. Post-doctoral research in cancer biology, preferred
- 10+ years of industry experience in discovery and translational research for cancer biology
- Experience advancing a small molecule drug from preclinical to a clinical setting
- Possess a broad understanding of cancer targets and respective therapeutic mechanism of action
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in biology, chemistry, pharmacology and DMPK groups
- Experience working with academic partners, as well as managing external CROs
- Experience with the interpretation of ADME data and correlating data to pharmacodynamic effects
- Experience in leading the development of pharmacodynamic markers from basic research, through drug optimization, and translation to clinical setting
- Experience in leading preclinical to translational strategy in order to rapidly feed into clinical concepts and plans, while also allowing for the differentiation of programs from competitors
- Able to promptly evaluate and prioritize concepts, maintain internal focus with respect to resources, and manage your time efficiently
- Able to make a fast “no” decision to maintain focus on productive endeavors
- Experience with clinical proof of concept work
- Desire to recruit, mentor and retain exceptional talent
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off, in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
While COVID-19 has affected the way we operate, we are still hiring, and look forward to receiving your application! Here at Circle Pharma, the health of our team members is a top priority. Currently we have modified work arrangements, including both on-site and remote working. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include limited in-person interviews during which we will pay special attention to the distance and hygiene rules recommended by the CDC. New employees who do not start on site in our laboratory facilities are provided with IT supplies to work remotely and will be on-boarded virtually whenever possible. We recognize that these are difficult times, and are we doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to bring new cancer therapies to patients.