Ampirical is an electrical transmission and distribution engineering company that provides comprehensive customer support, from project conception to design engineering, project management, and construction.
The Sr. Protection Engineer will serve as the department’s technical relay settings expert within the group and will be responsible for system protection settings associated with protective relay systems for generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
- Provide technical guidance for various relay settings schemes for basic and advanced system topologies to ensure quality of deliverables while meeting individual client preferences.
- Using Aspen, or equivalent, as a primary tool to run various cases, interpret results and develop best possible bus, transformer, generator, and line protection settings.
- Provide effective project planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of relay settings work activities including communication progress information to management, preparation and/or reviews of project scopes, concepts and quality control measures.
- Lead internal training and development, implementation and monitoring other staff development initiatives.
- Participate in marketing to clients, the review of client Requests for Proposal and contribute to the completion of competitive project proposals and bid responses.
- Assume responsibilities for all aspects of deliverables as they pertain to relay settings.
- Assume Project Management responsibilities as required to manage scope, schedule, and budget for Relay Settings Projects.
- Attend meetings and conferences, as necessary, to keep informed of technical development in the power industry as it pertains to Transmission and Distribution Protection.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required. Master’s degree preferred. Electrical Engineering Technology Degree with 10+ years of experience will be considered.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience focused on the development of protection philosophies, modeling of transmission/distribution systems and relay settings development
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally to the organization.
- Must have sufficient PC skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. MS Project experience is desirable.
- Experience with ETAP, AcSELerator, ASPEN, CAPE, preferred.
- Capable of reviewing the quality and accuracy of relay settings work performed by subcontractors.
- Serve on industry committees and associations, as appropriate, where potential clients’ network.
- Capable of managing small projects or tasks on a larger scale project and ability to mentor lesser experienced engineers and technicians.
- Proven ability to independently develop proposals which include a scope of work that details established goals and objectives, clearly defines the deliverables and schedule of work to be performed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Ampirical offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision; STD, LTD, 401K; life insurance, gym stipend, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks’ vacation; flexible work schedule (to possibly include every other Friday off) and more.
- Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a job...https://youtu.be/ilneslhRWWY