Twilio is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join Twilio’s FP&A team based in San Francisco and reporting to the Manager, FP&A.
As Twilio’s Sr. Financial Analyst you will be responsible for analyzing and forecasting our ‘by product’ revenue forecast to align with our COGS view for a coordinated gross margin forecast. This role will have a significant impact on the company’s visibility into future revenue trends and product mix.
About the job:
We are seeking an individual who would be excited to combine their strong financial analysis skills with a team-based approach to financial analysis. The Sr. Financial Analyst will be a bridge in bringing together corporate revenue experts, COGS experts, corporate development teams and data experts for a holistic view of product trends within the business.
This is a cross-functional role within finance and will be a role that can accelerate visibility into a wide range of metrics for the business.
- Own the global by product revenue forecast for monthly, annual and three-year strategic forecasting cadences.
- Help drive automation of granular modeling inputs in partnership with our business intelligence team.
- Partner with our product management leaders and pricing team on developing product-specific forecasting methodology that reflects the latest product strategy and roadmap commitments.
- Collaborate with COGS manager on product volume forecasts to enable aligned visibility to product and consolidated corporate gross margin forecasts.
Business Line P&L and Corporate Development Support
- Provide business partner support across a range of Products and Corporate Development driven initiatives, including:
- Act as the FP&A business partner to major product lines. Work with the product leads to provide support with metrics, forecasting, and full P&L planning.
- Twilio’s Authy business line – maintain fully allocated P&L, including bookings and revenue forecast visibility, and revenue pipeline performance metrics in partnership with Authy Sales Operations.
- Twilio Fund – provide measurement of revenue and costs related to Twilio’s specialized support of pre-qualified, high velocity, early stage customers.
- Twilio dot org – provide fully allocated P&L support for Twilio’s charitable and non-profit initiatives, including corporate structure modeling and development of KPI’s.
- Potential M&A – project manage and coordinate with other finance specialists to ensure consolidated project models incorporate sufficient input details on all key attributes from product pricing to operating expense headcount to non-recurring transaction costs.
Metrics Reporting & Automation
- Help drive increased automation across the financial models managed and developed by this role.
- Partner with our business intelligence teams to enable more granularity, increased accuracy and faster turn-around time for publication and variance analysis of monthly results.
- As part of the monthly financial modeling work, take a leadership role in establishing process improvements for data flows including project timelines; plan for data management, single source of truth; and play a key liaison role between the business intelligence team and all constituents to ensure scalable data environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Economics, Math or Engineering undergrad majors preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive financial experience in a professional organization.
- Experience working in a SAAS company or other recurring revenue model preferred.
- Experience working in high-growth company or division, working closely with cross-functional teams and operating managers.
- Experience producing accurate, board level reporting and operating in an environment with rigorous forecast and variance reporting accountability.
- Track record of prioritizing and managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Advanced Excel required and exposure to Apple’s Keynote presentation software preferred.
- Basic understanding of revenue recognition criteria,and financial statements.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.