Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D. The hardware we build is critical to our continued success and we need a top tier candidate for our Embedded Firmware Engineer role.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain linux application and driver level software for camera subsystems (sensors, networking, user interface, processing)
- Develop and maintain tools for internal use during hardware testing, calibration, and manufacturing
- Improve development efficiency by exploring, evaluating, and incorporating new methods and technologies into our product
- Collaborate with team to integrate new hardware and software components into the system
- Conduct design reviews, develop API’s, and document firmware code and processes
Who you are:
- 5+ years of SW/FW development experience including embedded C, C++, Python, bash scripting
- Experience with embedded Linux, multi-threading, Linux drivers, and system configuration
- Experience with microcontroller bare metal or RTOS code development
- FPGA code development desirable
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills using JTAG, protocol sniffers, and custom test code
- Experience with embedded buses such as I2C, SPI, and USB with UVC device class
- Experience with the following software projects preferred; OpenCL, CUDA
- System level integration of devices and peripherals including; cameras, 3D sensors, motors, WiFi, and Bluetooth
- Demonstrated track record of successfully developing, building, and shipping SW/FW on a consumer or industrial product
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks & Benefits
For information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.