Slack is looking for IT Infrastructure Engineers to design and build solutions focused on delivering a first-in-class experience for our employees. The Business Technology Engineering team builds, runs, and supports the core infrastructure that enables Slack employees to have a simple, pleasant, and productive experience at work.
This role will primarily focus on Slack’s internal cloud infrastructure systems - everything from building scalable user access processes to providing on-call support for critical production environments.
You are a hardworking self-starter with an ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape. You enjoy and excel at crafting innovative and scalable infrastructure as well as collaborating across functions. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial, but you’ll balance that with a desire to improve the user experience for the products and services we deliver to the Slack community.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative!
As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Work with the IT Infrastructure Engineering team to help plan, build, and maintain systems and services running within Slack’s Business Technology cloud environments.
- Provide on-call support, critical issue remediation, and incident response for core infrastructure services.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to deploy services to cloud environments. Formulate requirements and select appropriate technology and platform (eg. low-code integration, Platform-as-a-Service, or Infrastructure-as-a-Service). Provide support to ensure the solution is deployed securely and efficiently.
- Build automation to reduce workload for routine tasks and assist with security and audit requirements.
- Spec, deploy, and maintain internal tooling such as centralized logging, monitoring/alerting, and configuration management.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure providers, specifically Amazon Web Services and Heroku.
- Have strong familiarity with Chef, Terraform, Linux system administration, and integrating with RESTful API web services.
- Have experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Know the importance of documentation and have a track record of writing clear and concise specifications and runbooks.
- Have worked to transform environments to “Infrastructure as Code” and templated and automated routine work.
- Have set up and deployed redundant logging, monitoring, and alerting systems for critical infrastructure.
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft or other integration platforms
- Experience handling ITGC/SOX audit requirements across multiple information systems.
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python, or Go