Who are we?
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems. Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives. Why Praxis?
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission.
We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better. What you will be doing
Successful candidates will have eleven or more years of increasing levels of responsibility in performing software engineering related activities. Additionally, successful candidates will have at least six years of experience developing web-based solutions using Java/J2EE. Finally, successful candidates will have experience with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum. What you will need
Eleven years of software/system development work experience in the following areas:
- Analyze and study complex system requirements; create detailed software design from system requirements; and translate detailed design into computer software
- Test, debug and refine computer software to meet stated requirements traced to design
- Prepare necessary documentation to meet both programming and user-level requirements
- Ability to analyze and enhance existing software to improve efficiency or reduce response / operating time
- Experience with incorporating back-end relational database management systems, such as Oracle, Informix, SQLServer, and/or MySQL, with front-end web-based applications
- An understanding, and preferably experience with, implementing solutions using web services in a Service Oriented Architecture, i.e., J2EE and XML enabled Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, etc
- Provide technical direction to ensure program deadlines are met
- Ability to learn new technologies as required
TS/SCI with polygraph Praxis Facts
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Praxis
- Founded in 2002
- Consistently ranked as one of the Baltimore areas Best Places to Work
- Over 290 employees…
- Over 40 active contracts
- Headquartered in Annapolis Junction, MD with growing offices in Chantilly, VA, Linthicum, MD and Aberdeen, MD
- Everything AND the kitchen sink.
- Great people deserve even better benefits, from comprehensive healthcare coverage and generous leave time to free fuel, a.k.a. all the snacks and drinks you want from our fully stocked kitchens.
- You are not just a job title. That's why we tip the work-life balance scale in your favor. It's not about being billable, it's about being valuable.
- Whether you're working onsite or in our offices, your role at Praxis is just as critical to our success as your coworker's.
- We're constantly researching and implementing the latest technology so you've always got the right tools at your disposal.
- As we've grown, we've retained that small company feel. When we say we have an open door policy, we actually mean it.
- Praxis is comprised of wonderfully generous folks. We believe in supporting the causes our employees care about. Bring us an opportunity to help and we'll listen.
- Teamwork got us where we are today. Our collaborative environment allows you to maximize your true potential.
- The work we do is exciting, critical stuff. No matter your role at Praxis, you're helping us keep the nation safe and secure.
- We have a history of great achievement and, with each year, our company gets even bigger and better. As we grow, so does the opportunity for our employees.
- We host a variety of fun employee and family events throughout the year to say thanks for all that you do to make Praxis a technology leader as well as a phenomenal place to work.
- Competitive salary
- Free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
- Annual bonus plan
- Comp time plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off, plus 10 holidays
- Lots of paid training! We regularly conduct training in-house at our training center, and encourage all employees to seek out training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars. Popular conferences we send our employees to include JavaOne, Rational Users Conference, Black Hat and AnDevCon.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Praxis complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.