Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
The Alation Customer Support team is looking for a knowledge enthusiast who is passionate about knowledge sharing and an evangelist of Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) best practices, techniques, and benefits. You will report into the CS Knowledge Manager and partner together to build and scale the Knowledge program for the Customer Success organization. The vision is to build a Knowledge program that not only enables, but also inspires, collective knowledge creation and sharing while also thinking critically about how the end user will find and use the content. The initial focus is internal program success within the Support Engineering team with the goal to expand the program to our customers and all internal customer facing teams.
What you'll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of KCS and achieve the KCS v6 Practices certification KCS and get certified
- Mentor, practice, and inspire the KCS methodology across the organization and champion the Knowledge program with a primary focus in the APAC region
- Support and lead projects to expand and scale the Knowledge program within Support and across company departments
- Maintain and groom the knowledge base by conducting quality audits for content and knowledge processes while identifying content optimization opportunities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to capture feedback and engage on continuous improvement
- Create dashboards and reports for real time tracking and reporting for individuals and leadership
- Author and maintain program documentation and training materials
- New tool evaluation to enhance and extend existing capabilities
- 2+ years of experience writing and editing concise, clear, and user-focused content
- 2+ years of experience as a Knowledge Domain Expert (KDE) or KCS Coach or KCS champion
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Knowledge and Salesforce Service Cloud
- Experience working in Customer Success or Support organizations including understanding of software Support workflows
- Experience with Style Guides
- Experience with Rewards and Recognition programs including gamification
- Experience enabling and mentoring team members
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics and cloud platforms is a plus
- An influencer and evangelist for knowledge and KCS
- An expert collaborator and cross functional communicator
- Independent and well-organized
- A curious, creative, and data driven problem solver
- Focused on the end-user experience
- An individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!