Position: Sr. Legal Counsel Corporate & Commercial Projects
Last Date to Apply: 4th November, 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 63 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
Within 30 days you will:
· Get the basic orientation from legal team on scope of work, process flows, internal and external stakeholders and templates for agreements.
· Become familiarized with company policies and procedures relating to contract management, governance, due diligence etc. of the company and its subsidiaries.
· Become familiarized with various online tools and portals used by the Legal Affairs department.
· Become acquainted with external legal counsels and internal stakeholders in order to provide assistance from a legal perspective.
Within 60 days, you will:
· Independently draft and review contracts and engage with internal stakeholders, negotiate directly with counter parties in case of any contention/conflict to provide clarifications and to seek mutual agreement accordingly
· Provide opinions and legal advice to personnel at all levels of the business on existing and new commercial arrangements.
· You will be expected to recognize when issues require specialist legal support and to obtain such support and advice to ensure maximum benefit for the company without incurring unnecessary costs.
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· In addition to all of the above, you will be expected to engage in training of relevant business personnel (both informal trainings and structured programmes) on legal developments, contract management as well as on policies/procedures owned by or supported by the Legal function.
· Provide legal advice over all aspects pertaining to any new strategic initiatives and ventures including investments, new business lines etc.
· Assist in streamline processes and procedures pertaining to key risk areas such as AML, CTF, export controls & sanctions, data protection, anti-bribery and anti-corruption etc. for DFS projects.
A bit about you:
· We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience in a corporate environment and who is looking to enhance his/her skills. We are looking for someone who is innovative, analytical and has the ability to think critically, confident, articulate and excels at stakeholder management
A bit about us:
· Legal Affairs department of Jazz is one of the most innovative, exciting and competent departments in the market. We strive on providing creative, relevant and cost effective legal solutions to our stakeholders and enhance the capacity of the company in achieving commercial milestones in the market.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· You will be joining the Contracts, Corporate Governance and Special Projects team in the Legal Affairs department.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Provide enriched, differentiated and rewarding experience for all the internal stakeholders of the company.
· Ensure alignment among all external, internal customers and Group.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
· You will work with internal and external stakeholders including divisional/departmental heads, internal contracts team members, corporate governance team, commercial projects teams in Legal Affairs and all functions of the company for effective planning, development and roll out of the Company initiatives.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
· Coming up with legal solutions focused towards delivering real time business value.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Restructuring of processes of Legal Affairs
· Standardization of contracts and digital transformation
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Stakeholder management
The three (03) must have technologies the candidate should have.
· Microsoft Office Suite
Essential skills must have:
· Bar at Law/LL.M/LLB Degree with at least five (5) years working experience in an in-house legal team or law firm
· Knowledge of contract, corporate and intellectual property laws. Knowledge of telecommunication and banking laws is a plus.
· Legal research, negotiation and contract drafting and review
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience in stakeholder management
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.