BuzzFeed’s looking for a smart, creative, and analytically-minded individual to help drive exponential growth of BuzzFeed advertising products. Our approach to creative and distribution takes the performance management elements of digital and social ads and applies them to the content-based, social marketing world to create a superior Social Advertising product.
The position will focus on online ad trafficking and strategy of BuzzFeed branded content. This will include video, post and short form assets to be optimized across multiple platforms (i.e. BuzzFeed.com and Facebook) This will require daily interaction with our internal teams such as Client Services, Sales, Operations, and our external clients to ensure consistent and smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns.
- Manage and grow a team that executes all aspects of BuzzFeed’s media buys, including trafficking, optimization, reporting and analysis, across multiple social networks, ad servers, and ad buying platforms
- Review holistic reporting across product performance and suggest recommendations for optimizing both user ad experience and revenue.
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnerships in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Actively contribute to the development and prioritization of new features and functionality for a constantly evolving product line
- Communicate findings to cross departmental teams and business leaders
- Demonstrate platform expertise and develop content distribution strategies for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage relationships with publishers, media vendors, and third party vendors to maximize the performance of existing buys and stay current with new products/features
- 5-8 years relevant job experience required
- An insatiable passion for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to various audiences
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and efficient time-management skills
Experience with buying on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat)
- Experience with third party ad servers - DART for Publishers preferred
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage & analyze large sets of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside the box and come up with unique solutions to complex problems
- Managed content distribution for portfolio of client accounts a plus
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics a plus
- Basic skills in HTML, familiarity with JS and CSS a plus
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.