Tencent Games Business Development team is focused on strategic partnerships and investment initiatives, building upon our reputation in the gaming industry and our Tencent platform as we expand on our gaming ecosystem globally.
We are growing our North America and Emerging Market focused team and looking for an experienced game industry professional to join the team, based in either US/Canada/Singapore/Australia and help execute Tencent Games’ long-term success in the region. This role will focus on building long term partnerships and sourcing investment opportunities in the North America and Emerging Markets region.
You will be exposed to top gaming studios and have the opportunity to learn from experienced industry professionals ranging from game production experts to seasoned investment and strategy professionals.
- Source and execute strategic partnerships and investment initiatives within AA, AAA, indie, mobile companies in North American and Emerging Markets region to expand Tencent Games’ portfolio in the region.
- Follow key new trends in gaming (Web3, VRXR, platforms, etc.) market intelligence and identify the next big opportunity within the market and provide thoughtful recommendations to management team.
- Stay close to the local gaming ecosystem in North America and Emerging Markets. Source opportunities and have close dialogue with developers and founders in both the PC/Console and mobile markets.
- Build and develop long term and quality relationships with game developers, publishers and VC/PE investors from PC, console and mobile gaming space to build investment pipeline and source strategic partnership opportunities.
- Familiarize with the deal execution process: prepare investment memos, modeling, analysis plus negotiate and execute on potential transactions and partnership agreements while working cross-functionally internally with management, finance, legal, and product teams.
- Expect to spend half your time sourcing and building networks while spending the other half on deal execution and crafting strategy to guide the strategic direction for Tencent Games.
- Somene who is smart, hungry, have strong intellectual curiosity, quick learner, willing to hustle hard and build extensive network with entrepreneurs in gaming industry. Gamers at heart who have strong interest in staying in the gaming industry long term are preferred.
- Ideally based in North America (US, Canada) or Singapore/Australia with minimum 3-7 years of experience from Venture Capital, early stage investing or technology investment. Consulting or banking background can also be relevant. Prior gaming industry experience is preferred but not required - need to showcase strong passion for games.
- The ideal candidate is a well-rounded and driven individual capable of building up a network in the gaming industry, confidently engaging with developers, publishers and investors - someone who thrives on building new relationships and not afraid of hustling and knocking on new doors.
- The candidate is expected to have the intellectual capacity to prepare and deliver strategy presentations, investment memo, modeling and analysis on key emerging trends.
- Team player that operates well in a team as well as an individual contributor, with outstanding written and oral communication skills, analytical skills and people skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams and departments.
- Flexible self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset and experience working in a fast pace, changing environment (i.e. startup).
- Someone who is proactive and not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and do the tactical work.
- Ability to travel internationally to meet partners and attend conferences when needed experience working with international and multicultural teams.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.