Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join the Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a small team of analysts to work closely with cross-functional teams to price merchants and strategic partners
- Own Go-to-Market merchant pricing strategies for different verticals, products, and platforms
- Assist in pricing automation and develop models to streamline merchant pricing processes with Sales and Strategic Partnerships teams
- Develop a robust pricing optimization and monitoring infrastructure; and leverage this infrastructure, to assess, define, and scale pricing opportunities for different verticals
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
- Draw insights from data and design and test new pricing strategies
- Drive execution by launching and leading cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Identify opportunities to improve current process and infrastructure
What We Look For
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, or Financial Engineering with 8+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (management consulting, finance, analytics, credit, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience managing a small team
- Proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity, and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Experience in producing BI reports, such as Looker and Tableau is a plus
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.