Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at corporate.pokemon.com and pokemon.com. And check out Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/Pokémon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Manager, Casual Play Channel Development
- Job Summary: The Senior Manager of Pokémon Casual Play Channel Development will champion the development of new channels to enhance the community play experience for Pokémon fans of all ages. This role will lead efforts to integrate Pokémon game experiences, including the trading card game, video game, and Pokémon GO, into various educational and non-profit environments. They will drive strategic partnerships and foster sustainable programs across North America to create opportunities for fans to come together and share their passion for Pokémon.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Establish and foster relationships with key organizations with access to primary schools (public/private), after-school programs, kids clubs, secondary schools (public/private), public libraries, community centers, and college student clubs. As well other organizations as identified.
- Collaborate with a diverse range of internal stakeholders and partners, facilitating open communication and ensuring alignment on program growth goals.
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of individuals dedicated to creating and effectively managing these partnerships, allowing for fan growth while ensuring alignment with overall company strategy.
- Manage and mentored cross-functional team, adapting leadership strategies to meet evolving business needs
- Develop creative strategies to integrate Pokémon play experiences into these institutions, focusing on enriching player experiences.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Global Play Programs, ensuring alignment of Global Play strategies and successful implementation to ensure the longevity and growth of Pokémon Play programs in varied environments
- Monitor, manage, and allocate the budget efficiently for various initiatives.
- Lead the renewal and upgrade processes for partnerships, ensuring long-term success and growth as measured by total attendance, unique locations, and players.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience partnering with non-profit organizations and educational institutions.
- Strong understanding of how non-profits and educational groups engage with corporate brand experiences.
- Mastery in strategic planning, partner relationships, and fostering sustainable initiatives.
- Proficiency in budget creation, monitoring, and resolution.
- Solid understanding of the Pokémon brand and its various play experiences.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $144,000 - $171,000. The full range is $144,000 - $216,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.