As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
The Obsidian Design System team is a core function of the product org, focused on improving consistency, efficiency, and scalability. Our team is a tightly knit group who cares deeply about quality and stying in tune with our consuming teams’ needs.
As a Senior Product Designer at Tinder you will have a deep level of experience building product design systems, seasoned communication skills and a strong design passion for evangelizing the design system across the organization.
Where you'll work:
This position can be located in Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Design and deliver key design system artifacts, including but not limited to components, patterns, tooling, documentation, training, and presentations.
- Independently identifies user problems and opportunities and consistently influences project scope to ensure prioritization of our consuming teams (Product Designers and Engineers) and their needs.
- Facilitate and drive cross-pillar discussions and meetings, bringing together designers, engineers, and product managers to drive cohesion across the entire product experience.
- Create design system solutions for inclusivity, ensuring alignment with accessibility standards and principles.
- Invite and collect a range of feedback across teams, synthesizing and narrowing in on solutions that balance your recommendation, the needs of stakeholders, Tinder’s brand, best practices, platform standards, and our users.
- Effectively navigate intricate and ambiguous project requirements within a design systems framework, accommodating diverse inputs, and occasionally conflicting stakeholder demands.
- Proactively shape the design system roadmap and goals by providing input from our feature team’s perspectives, and ensure the team is pursuing achievable, measurable, and impactful goals.
- Identify when new patterns and systems are necessary. Socialize and gain buy-in for new patterns from owners and cross-pillar stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with design system engineers to simplify implementation, while maximizing the user experience of our product designers
- Position yourself as a key decision maker on the design system team, responsible for decisions of significant impact to the overall user experience and business.
- Assume a leadership role on the design system team and Product Design team, modeling positive design team culture.
- 3+ years of professional experience working on mobile design systems across product design and engineering teams.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a product or UX designer.
- A passion for system designs and deep knowledge of iOS/Material/Desktop standards.
- Experience establishing, maintaining, contributing to, or utilizing a design system.
- Self-starter attitude with excitement to work in a fast-paced and low-ego environment.
- Skilled with conflict resolution.
- A strong cross-functional partner and great communicator.
- Strong storytelling skills with confidence presenting in large forums and to senior management
- Excellence in visual design.
- Generous with your time and knowledge and like to mentor junior designers
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei