**This position is remote now and will be remote post pandemic.
Senior Product Designer, UX Team - REMOTE
Palmetto is a VC backed high growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental and vision coverage, and retirement plans. Our #1 Value is Customer Experience and we pride ourselves on over-delivering. To learn more about our services visit Palmetto.com.
Palmetto is a clean technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission is “Leading the world to a clean energy future.”
Palmetto is very proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a Senior Product Designer at Palmetto, you will help shape and build our Design System, while also working directly with product teams on business initiatives. We believe that the design system should serve the needs of our teams, so we are looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to work collaboratively with product owners and engineers from different teams, to create product experiences while also building out a robust design system that supports those experiences. You will be a core member of the UX Team, a tight-knit multidisciplinary group of designers and engineers that is responsible for digital product design at Palmetto. You will contribute to the strategy and vision of the team, as well as day-to-day design and execution tasks. This includes working with product owners, engineers, and executive stakeholders to create simple and effective product experiences, inspire those around you, advocate for best practices, gather and respond to feedback, support designers and engineers using the system and oversee execution and implementation of your vision.
- Work with cross-functional team members and through a mastery of your craft, turn insights into well designed products and inspire the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
- Be a core member of the team that is responsible for the Palmetto design system - continuing to build on existing foundations as well as design new patterns that support our products and team needs.
- Lead the end-to-end design process of major features for Palmetto applications.
- Be an evangelist for the design system.
- Encourage, coach and provide constructive feedback to produce successful outcomes for the team and the business.
- Own design across the company: proactively identity high impact opportunities for design prioritization.
- Stay current on industry trends and focus on ways to improve current practices.
- 3+ years of experience designing and delivering web applications or products in cross-functional teams in tech companies or digital agencies.
- Deep understanding of product development process, from product thinking to visual and experience design, and you’re always looking for ways to improve on your process.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communications skills to help set up a framework, vision or outcome, and mentor others to deliver work to make it come to life.
- Self-motivated and can provide leadership and guidance to multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity.
- You can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- You have, or want to be able to ship to production.
- Familiar with, advocate for accessibility best practices.
- Experience using analytics, user research, user feedback and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems and a passion for design craft.
- Ability to see and communicate how individual contributions connect and contribute to the team’s vision, and the bigger picture of the company’s mission.
- Willingness to help chip in and move a project forward no matter the task.
- You embrace constructive feedback as part of the iterative design process.
- Experience gathering and using analytics and research data to help inform design decisions and product strategy.
It’d be nice if you had …
- Experience designing systems in Figma.
- Experience with motion design and animation.
- Designing or maintaining product Design Systems, Component Libraries, Design Tokens.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with brand design.
Let’s be honest. A handful of firms are on your consideration list. That’s OK. We know that ours is special. Our company was founded on cultivating an environment of collaboration, integrity and always doing the right thing. We even have some fun while we’re at it. Palmetto is a VC backed high growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental and vision coverage, employee referral program, Stock Options, 401k retirement plans and more. This is 100% remote position. When you do get a chance to visit our office, you'll see our open layout office is located downtown Charleston, (Upper King Street w/ free parking), where our Team Members can enjoy cold brewed coffee on tap, the office dog (sometime more than 1), and culture building events like kickball and daily huddles. Our #1 Value is Customer Experience and we pride ourselves on over delivering. To learn more about our services, visit Palmetto.com.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.