MediaMonks has a prime position for a proficient Python Developer.
What Will I Do?
- In this Hilversum-based position you’ll develop (web) applications and other kinds of cool on behalf of the world’s leading agencies and brands.
- You’ll play a pivotal role in projects big and small, translating creative concepts into lucid lines of code on your Mac, Windows or Linux machine of choice.
- Working as part of different project teams, you’ll develop a wide variety of backends for an even wider variety of projects, including real-time applications for star clients such as Google and Old Spice.
- You’re tasked with building some of the most ballsy backends in internet history, from full-fledged template-rendered platforms to mobile (web) apps to microcontroller-controlled hardware applications.
- You will develop high-load and high-performance environments that run like Usain (but without the slow start).
- At our Hilversum headquarters, you’ll be joining an international and truly multi-language development department of 150 of the best-looking developers in the world (including in-house Hosting Monks, so you don’t have to stay awake at night).
- Alongside 500+ coworkers from other disciplines, you’ll work as part of the most awesome production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in eleven locations’ and handling everything you could possibly throw at a digital project including games, virtual reality and installations.
Send Us Your Best Application to Date
At MediaMonks, you’ll be in great company with a one-of-a-kind culture, winter sports & summer parties, fantastic food every day, and an unlimited supply of caffeine. If you’re looking to do seriously good work at a young, fun, award-winning and super-fast-moving company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to production and the use of adjectives, land this position while it’s hot.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a tailored cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You bank on 5+ years of professional development experience creating server-side applications and have 3+ years worth of hands-on Python experience.
- You’re also experienced with web frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- You’re familiar working with Django REST framework, PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL.
- You’re experienced with Git and know when (and how) to use Celery.
- While you don't have to be an expert on hosting, you know what is needed to get your project running smoothly.
- You can excel independently as well as part of a team, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to self-manage.
- Speaking Dutch is ‘niet noodzakelijk’ but the ability to communicate, code and curse in English is a must.
- If you have any experience with Google App Engine, that’s a big plus.