About The Role
- Drive and facilitate software development process using agile methodology (sprints and kanban boards) to completion including sofware release and deployment process.
- Assist the project teams by removing obstacles for team members, and troubleshooting operational and technical issues internally and with partners
- Manage release schedule and continuous delivery pipeline
- Continually search for and make improvements and optimizations to the software development and release process
- Coordinate with business Product, Engineering and Business management teams to backlog and schedule work
- Participate in architecture reviews, pull requests, and code reviews
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Proven track record in managing build automation. Experience with end to end deployment lifecycle.
- Experience with Bamboo or Jenkins, Git, and Jira
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience leveraging Lean-Agile development methologies ( Scrum, KanBan, TDD, FDD, etc etc)
- Basic skills in one or more languages: Ruby, Python, Java, C#, C++ to support release schedule and release management;
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional projects, establishing priorities, and due dates
- Ability to partner with business stakeholders and support effective communications and requirements
- 5+ years of experience with the full software development life cycle
- Belief in servant-leadership. Your success is measured by your team and program’s success.
- Ability to anticipate potential roadblocks and resolve issues to ensure successful software delivery
- Bachelor degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We'd be ecstatic if you have any of the following:
• A github profile showcasing your work
• Strong knowledge of internet technologies
• Experience with consumer facing Internet systems
At Payoff we’re focused on working with everyone’s best interest in mind. We believe in taking care of our employees, eating great food, having a sense of humor, getting things done, and always putting the customer first (except in this list).
At Payoff we’re always working on making big changes in consumer financial services, and big changes take big efforts. We need team players, innovators, and leaders who will work hard to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee (and family) medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to your kid’s basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Craft Beer Thursdays – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment