Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SunPower needs YOU as a Sr. Residential Electrician! Are you looking for a chance to grow in your career and an opportunity to make a difference in the way the world is powered? Then this is for you!
This position comes with great compensation and benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage starts day one, no waiting period
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (100% paid for by the Company)
- 401k with company match
- Paid Paternity Leave
- PTO, Sick and Volunteer time
- Life insurance and AD&D provided
- Unlimited digital workouts through Peloton (100% paid for by the Company)
- Full-Time hourly role, typically M-F 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
- Opportunity for career advancement
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (DC and AC) in addition to installing raceways around residential applications include roofs, attics, walls
- Install electrical to interconnect our solar panels to the grid
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Journeyman Electricians License
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of electrical experience OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Extensive knowledge of residential electrical and structural systems, blueprints and spec sheets
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Associates degree
- Strong understanding of NEC codes with emphasis on residential PV installations
- Proficient in the installation of grid-tied and micro inverter applications
- NABCEP certification
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to make multiple trips up and down a ladder, daily
- Ability to lift, squat, deadlift, pull and carry up to 50 lbs., daily
- Ability to work at the ground level, kneeling, or bending daily
- Ability to kneel and stand repeatedly (lunges), on a daily basis
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
$60,720 - $91,080*
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, short and long-term incentives, and a comprehensive and competitive benefits program which includes health insurance coverage, employee wellness, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and so much more.
*Please note the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and in the geographical location noted.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.