At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Instructure takes testing seriously and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test who enjoys working on complex problems to help improve our engineering development environment. You will work in tandem with our product development team to automate the testing of code changes. We are looking for strong software engineering candidates who have a background in programming combined with a passion for software quality and test automation.
What you will be doing:
- Own your projects' automated testing systems (aka Builds) by fixing and improving them.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Manually test new changes as necessary.
- By any means necessary, make sure the product is high quality and does what it's meant to do.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- 7+ years of development or test automation experience.
- Extensive experience writing code (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with the Selenium Framework
- Experience with CI tools--Jenkins/Bamboo/etc
- Technical degree.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.