Getaround is the global leader in connected carsharing. Guests are able to search, book and unlock cars in the neighborhood using the Getaround App and Getaround Connect installed on every car.
Are you looking for your next challenge in IoT, connected car, embedded engineering, and Linux? Want to work on IoT that’s in use every day in the real world? Getaround has the opportunity for you. You’ll be part of the software team developing the next generation Getaround Connect, an in-car device that allows car hosts and guests to access Getaround vehicles. You’ll work with electrical engineers, auto technicians, and server-side programmers, in a startup environment.
What you'll do
- Combining smartphone technology, automotive technology, and wireless networking to solve real-world problems.
- Developing on ARM-based embedded platforms using C and Lua using proven methods to release high quality code
- Debugging and developing an embedded Linux system with a few megs of RAM, a read-only disk, uclibc, and a pared down vi that would have been amazing in 1985
- Working on bare metal Cortex-M4 processors with 32kbytes of RAM, processing 10,000 frames/second
- Working collaboratively on a large code base stored in git and supporting dev, prod and release branches
- Implementing solutions to collect and process data from GPS/GNSS, I2C, UART, SPI, OBD2, interface and transmit telemetry using LTE cellular, Bluetooth LE, USB and Ethernet
- Exploring next generation designs that may include 5G, NFC and cameras
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, EE or a related field5+ years of experience developing on Linux/POSIX systems
- Strong systems development experience in C
- Embedded systems experience with a focus on Linux
- Solid shell scripting
- Experience shipping reliable software on remote systems running 24/7
- Strong desire to write quality unit and systems tests
- Ability to work on a small team in a growing organization while keeping focused on key goals and priorities
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Experience UART, SPI, I2C interfaces
- Experience with uBoot, system bring up, and the ability to read a schematic
- Experience with automotive systems and protocols such as OBD2
- Experience designing on low power and battery powered systems
- Passion for cars and the future of automotive tech
- A love of failure and crash analysis with incomplete or damaged data and logs
Benefits & Perks
- Platinum plans for medical, dental, and vision take excellent care of you and your family.
- Generous stock options and robust 401(K) to help you save and plan for retirement
- Remote first workplace, flexible work hours, and open PTO policy (we mean it!)
- Work Smarter incentive policy to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Education stipend to promote your career development and growth
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for your friends and family
- Udemy for Business Training Platform
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!