Senior Staff Engineer / Architect - Software Engineering
Wayfair's Software Engineering teams create our best-in-class eCommerce mobile and desktop sites and apps, empower the company with enterprise tools, and connect our growing customer base to products they love. Building is our passion and we're biased towards speed to market. We love solving big and complicated problems with software and lean on our core values being data-driven, collaborative, and risk-tolerant as we work cross functionally to commit code and launch features that fuel the company's growth.
What You'll Do
- Serve as an Architect and Platform leader to influence and positively impact software architecture and development across a large Engineering team.
- Develop a vision for how to evolve our architecture.
- Work in the trenches with the Engineering teams that build and run platforms, features, and systems to drive them towards that better architecture.
- Bring in new ideas, mentor strong junior engineers, and serve as a model of a technical leader.
- Influence Engineering culture both in and outside of your organization, acting as a go-to technical expert and problem solver.
- Work cross-functionally to fully leverage platforms and create high-impact solutions to common problems.
- Identify opportunities for technology to spur new business initiatives, increase revenue, reduce cost, and delight Wayfair customers.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering and/or Architecture leadership.
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability with the ability to identify trade-offs and manage risk.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically; Ability to set direction and execute the plan.
- Ability to influence, challenge, enable, and mentor Engineers and Engineering Leader who do not formally report to you by communicating and building consensus around technical direction.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the peer, and senior leadership levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated experience collecting and using data to inform decisions, build consensus, and align teams to a common purpose.