Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the United States. #LI-Remote
About the Role:
Matterport is leading the digitization of the built world, and you’re ready to make it searchable.
Our rapidly expanding user-base has already scanned millions of buildings. Our 3D reconstructions and semantic analyses of these spaces already enable our users to reliably reference and share the models we create as digital records and virtual tours. Our platform provides an experience that’s already recognized as the gold standard across industries.
But we pride ourselves in going above and beyond, and we see the problem of search as central to elevating our service. We’re working hard to transform our users’ digital records into knowledge bases; their shareable tours into truly discoverable ones. We’re hiring to accelerate this transformation.
We’re looking for engineers who are intimately familiar with both the challenges of building search systems capable of performing efficiently and at scale, as well as the tools and techniques that have enabled them to overcome those challenges in the past. Hands-on experience is a must. Ideal candidates will have built these systems on top of visual data and are comfortable reasoning about 3D geometry.
What you will do:
- Design and operationalize systems for efficiently searching through visuospatial data, working closely with research and platform teams to develop underlying data representations and infrastructure
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience with search systems; 10+ years with software development
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- Experience building efficient and scalable search systems
- Familiarity with publicly available search-enabling frameworks, e.g. ElasticSearch, Neo4j
Nice to Have!
- Proficiency in graph query languages such as GraphQL, Cypher
- Experience leveraging AWS to develop/scale/maintain search systems
- Experience building search systems where: document features may be image features; queries may include images or natural language
- Experience building recommender systems closely coupled with search systems
- Experience utilizing open deep learning platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.) to compute learned representations of document features
- Familiarity with: traditional computer vision; SLAM/3D reconstruction; 3D graphics
Perks & Benefits
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.