Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
The purpose of this role is to provide higher-level technical support to customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., instant message, email). Assesses nature of system or service issues and resolves technical or sophisticated support problems through independent judgment and advanced problem-solving skills. Maintains log of system issues and conveys customer feedback to product development staff. Possesses high level knowledge of organization's products. Assists field technicians who are troubleshooting problems or repairing products.
This is a remote role in the US.
- Interact with customers to help troubleshoot and resolve highly complex product problems or issues.
- Diagnose and resolve complex customer questions or problems over the telephone/Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality, and bugs/enhancements.
- Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues.
- Document problems and solutions to train lower-level support on how to properly address customer or product problems.
- Ability to write and execute Structured Query Language (SQL) code against very large databases (multiple terabytes) without impacting users in a live production environment
- Communicate with product development department to improve on current design or to identify possible problems with design.
- Stay abreast of current technology in products, design changes, and new products offered.
- May travel to client site to resolve extremely complex customer and product issues.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Baccalaureate or Graduate as per local diploma in computer science/IT or relevant work experience
- At least 1 Professional/Technical certification obtained and maintained
- 4 – 7 years’ experience with healthcare products in a support, development, or consultancy environment, of which at least 3 – 5 years’ experience is in developing or supporting the assigned products and a demonstrated competence in functional or technical components of the assigned products
- 1+ years’ experience with Touchworks EHR preferred
- 1+ years’ experience using ServiceNow preferred
- Minimal Travel May Be Required