PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. UX Designer, Design System
San Francisco, CA
As a Senior UX Designer for the PlayStation Design Systems team, you will design and build amazing tools that empower our design team to create its best work.
The Design Systems team is responsible for maintaining and building cross-platform standards, guidelines, tools and processes across PlayStation experiences and products. This role also will be specifically responsible for designing new features (as well as maintaining current ones) for our custom internal design production software.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop high level to detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Guide the design and development of PlayStation Design System by prototyping and writing guidelines for new components, patterns, and animations
- Audit and evaluate design system usage across applications, identifying gaps and problems in the design system and proposing solutions
- Lead design system discussions and decisions with greater design team
- Negotiate design-related requirements and play an active lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle to ensure that the design vision is correctly carried out
- Communicate clearly and concisely through design and interaction specifications
- Collaborate with engineering to build right-fit solutions
- Educate UX product teams on design standards and guidelines for consistency
- Partner with UX research to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role
- Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating experience design throughout the entire product development lifecycle and understanding of user-centered design principles
- Expertise using industry-standard design/prototyping software
- Experience working with design systems at scale
- Strong Visual/UI Design skills
- Prototyping experience
- Extensive experience designing compelling and quality interfaces for new and existing products and features
- Strong ability to champion and communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks under minimal direction
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints when designing for software platforms
- Understanding and experience with Human-Centered Design Methodologies
- A focus on measurable impact
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Familiarity with platform UX design standards and guidelines
- Prior experience working on enterprise applications
- Background in developing react components is a plus
- Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Familiarity with the agile software development process is a plus
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.