Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Vehicle Quality Specialist for our Closures team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate technical excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with hardware, controls, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, Systems engineer, Field Engineering and Service Centers for Field – Warranty Issues Resolution
- Facilitate Meetings and Engage with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure components are meeting specification and design intent preventing Field Quality Issues.
- Responsible for supporting closures Components and Electronics across all Lucid Products. That includes Manual & Powered Front and Rear doors, handles, latches, movable Glass, Glass, regulators), trunk/frunk/liftgate, gas struts, power struts, latches, actuators, sensors, and controls.
- Perform diagnostics on Warranty Return Parts and field failures remotely with Field Service Engineering - looking at data logs on the vehicles for root cause Analysis.
- Coordinate Countermeasure Implementation and Effectiveness on Assembly Lines and Field.
- Work with supplier quality and manufacturing teams to ensure all issues are investigated with countermeasures in place.
- In Charge of troubleshooting and remote diagnosis with Field Service Engineering providing technical support on customer and service reported issues.
- Vehicle Quality Specialist will work as a liaison between all departments service (Supplier Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing).
- Identify and propose product improvements to HW and SW development teams that will increase reliability, reduce service cost, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Automotive Technology / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronics or similar, or equivalent experience considered
- Experience testing, validating, diagnosing, and/or designing systems of electromechanical actuators and sensors, especially in an automotive industry.
- Knowledge of vehicle architecture
- Prior experience with automotive closures a plus
- Experience with full product life cycles from prototype - production to Field Quality
- Experience with data acquisition
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Able to read mechanical drawings; experience with CAD systems such as CATIA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of automotive engineering experience working on product development and / or suppliers with a focus in mechatronics and or controls.
- Knowledge of simulation and instrumentation tools (Matlab/ CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape)
- Ability to work hands on with vehicles and instrumentation.
- Up to 25% domestic travel.
- Passion for automotive engineering and a drive to deliver a best-in-class product.
Flexibility in work schedule is required (to include evenings and weekends, as needed)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $115,000-165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.