1776 is a public benefit corporation that empowers startup ecosystems around the world to solve complex challenges. Our goal is to provide anyone, anywhere in the world with the opportunity to participate in the innovation economy and to ensure the digital revolution actually solves real world problems, which are typically highly regulated, complex and massive. We believe focusing on these challenges will lead to bigger impact.
1776 is seeking a full-time Accountant to join its Global Operations team. If you want to build your career in a fast-paced environment where you can collaborate with the some of the most inspiring startups changing industries that matter, then we are a good match. We’re looking for an Accountant with the experience, energy and commitment to support both 1776 and our our team members.
The role of the Accountant is to support the Financial Controller in supporting accounting and procurement process (including international subsidiaries) in a fast growing business. The candidate will prepare the company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports while maintaining compliance with GAAP, auditing requirements and corporate accounting policies. Furthermore, the Accountant will assist with providing on-time and accurate financial and operating performance information, including detailed financial analysis required by executive management and the company’s department managers.
General Accounting Tasks
• Prepare monthly bank statement reconciliations for all accounts.
• Manage and own Accounts Payable processes, including but not limited to accurate coding, entry of invoices and maintain vendor files.
• Record all payroll, benefits and expenses accurately.
• Review and analyse GL accounts.
• Other duties as required.
Month End Close and Financial Reporting
• Deliver accurate and timely financial reports each month.
• Support the Controller with preparation of financial audit and Federal/State tax schedules; own the US local returns, filings and certifications.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (with an Accounting major)
• 2+ years of accounting experience.
• Strong General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Reconciliation knowledge.
• Ability to maintain accounting records and working knowledge of financial reports.
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, and strong attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
• Close on timely basis each month
• QuickBooks experience preferred.