Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Staff Accountant to join our Corporate Controllership team. In this role, you will be a key player in the Company's month-end close and reporting process, while supporting the Company’s growth efforts with participation in ad-hoc projects such as systems implementation, developing finance policies, researching, and documenting complex and technical accounting transactions.
The ideal candidate is an accounting graduate with internship experience or at least 1+ years of experience at an accounting firm or a high-tech organization. You should have experience managing a wide scope of responsibilities against competing priorities and deadlines.
Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves when needed. This position will be based in Mountain View, CA and reports to the Senior Accountant.
What you'll do
- Responsible for accounting close activities including month-end close, data analysis, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of management reporting, financial statements and supporting schedules
- Assist with external financial and tax audits. Complete requested materials and assist in preparing assigned schedules for annual and interim audit
- Assist with critical accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency, and audit readiness
- Assist in the preparation and review of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
What we're looking for
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting or high-tech organization
- Strong understanding of GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Intermediate to advanced
- Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large sets of data
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
Additional highly desirable experience
- CPA/CA or equivalent
- Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience a plus
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP systems (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.