We are looking for a collaborative and critical thinking individual to join our growing accounting team at Ripple. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of general ledger and cash transactions, as well as maintenance of related accounting records. This is a great opportunity for an individual that enjoys building & improving processes, being in the details and being challenged. In addition to day to day responsibilities, the Staff Accountant will be involved in ad hoc process improvement and implementation projects that will be critical to the scalability of the accounting function.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own various GL accounts including (but not limited to) cash, prepaids, fixed asset and other assets. The ownership of these accounts will include recording transactions, reconciling, and reporting, as well as developing processes to improve the speed and accuracy of financial close.
- Assist in accounting for international operations, ensuring that processes for assigned accounts are consistently applied to key foreign subsidiaries.
- Complete analysis on assigned accounts in connection with monthly close
- Manage weekly cash reconciliation and reporting workstreams, including preparation of cash forecast reporting to senior management
- Comply with SOX requirements while performing the above tasks and participate in documentation and roll-out of new SOX compliant processes.
- Liaise with FP&A, tax, and other cross-functional teams to gather data, improve processes, and support business needs.
- Work closely with the team to accomplish team and company goals and drive projects to completion.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate will have proven their ability to operate effectively in a dynamic and complex environment. As the role requires operational diligence as well as a working understanding of accounting concepts, a mix of technical and functional education and experience is preferred. The candidate should be able to independently tackle challenges and have a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to manage workload to meet established deadlines
- Working knowledge of Excel and financial accounting systems - Intacct experience preferred
- Eagerness to learn and expand into new areas of responsibility
- Proven ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Collaborative approach to working on projects
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Great work ethic and positive attitude
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and self-driven initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.