Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together bold entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance clean energy innovation. EIP has over $3 billion in assets under management and invests globally across venture, growth, and credit with has a team of more than 80 professionals.
EIP is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the growing Finance team led by the CFO and Assistant Controller. The Finance team works closely with the EIP investment, operations and investor relations teams and directly communicates with EIP’s Founder/CEO and COO. This position is based in Washington, DC and will require some travel.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package and compelling compensation including base salary, annual bonus and potential participation in equity programs.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Cash monitoring and liquidity management including preparing and tracking investment funding and distributions
- Invoice and accounts payable management including expense tracking and bank account reconciliation
- Prepare cash, accrual, and amortization journal entries
- Assist in preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements for venture capital funds and management company
- Prepare capital call and distribution notices and allocations for limited partner investors
- Assist with quarterly portfolio company valuation process and preparation of quarterly portfolio monitoring data for Senior Management
- Monitor and respond to investor questions and requests
- Assist investor relations team with due diligence information requests from investors during fundraising
- Ad hoc responsibilities and analysis as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- 0-2 years of accounting experience; fund accounting (venture capital or private equity) experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with exceptional academic performance
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- CPA or progress toward designation preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Quickbooks experience preferred
- The ability to effectively multi-task, manage deadlines, learn quickly and communicate clearly
- High ethical standards