Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Marketing Technology team’s mission is to build the best-in-class platform to enable marketing and merchandising at Airbnb. This platform powers critical company-wide use cases like user-user messaging, logins, and helps increase belonging by allowing more people see the value of Airbnb. The platform is used by multiple product teams for growth and engagement efforts, as well as brand and policy oriented marketing efforts. This role will lead the vision, define and deliver the ideal north star platform to achieve our mission.
- Design and build scalable, reliable systems and platforms leveraging Airbnb core infrastructure. Effectively articulate tradeoffs between design and prioritization choices.
- Effectively partner with product engineering, machine learning and infrastructure teams, to distil requirements, leverage and build capabilities, and onboard them onto platform capabilities.
- Work with cross functional partners including product managers, designers and customer support to understand requirements, and effectively prioritize.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience building new scalable, reliable company-wide platforms leveraging existing core functionalities.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience integrating with third party vendors, and ensure reliability as well as observability in such integrations.
- Experience leading execution of ambiguous, multi-quarter projects, including other engineers and refining unclear requirements into clear projects and deliverables.
- Fluency in Java, Kafka, SQL, Data stores
- Experience and familiarity with AWS
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for creating a highly effective technology platform for our growing global workforce