As a NEXTEV Staff Cloud Engineer in the IT/Digital Operations team, you will have the opportunity to work with the engineering and business teams to build out our global cloud design for the NextEV enterprise and vehicle product services platforms.
You will be responsible for a team supporting the cloud infrastructure for a connected vehicle platform, evaluating and supporting SaaS services for corporate applications, and deployment of production IT on-prem infrastructure. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day support and ensuring the environment can scale to meet growth, including ongoing improvements to the design and architecture of cloud and infrastructure services.
Candidates should possess strong leadership capabilities, have a deep technical background in cloud infrastructure, software development, designing and supporting distributed systems, BigData platforms, automation tools, DevOps practices, and proficiency with at least 2 coding languages. This position is expected to engage both at the technical level and executive level to communicate ideas and define strategy. Some on-call rotation and after-hours support may be required.
The position reports to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure
· Lead a team in designing and implementing an Azure public cloud environment for the connected vehicle platform.
· Work with the InfoSec team to implement best practices around cloud security measures, ensuring data privacy and protection of company assets and customer data stored in the cloud.
· Collaborate with the Software Engineering team in a DevOps model to implement and support the product platform, applications, and services.
· Leverage tools and technology such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry/Jenkins/Docker containers to streamline the application deployment pipeline and provide development team self-service capability
· Building and supporting distributed systems using auto-scaling features to support dynamic workloads
· Develop testing strategies to ensure applications and systems can meet defined SLA levels prior to deployment.
· Work with application developers to increase reliability of systems post deployment through SRE practices.
· Define cloud infrastructure standards, best practices, and policies including OS platforms, storage configuration, security/network policies, load balancing, and encryption.
· Collaborate with IT personnel in other regions to facilitate knowledge sharing and best practice adoption globally.
· Strong team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload.
· Some on-call rotation and after-hours support for maintenance activities is required for this position.
· At least 10-12 years in the areas of Infrastructure design, architecture, virtualization, systems administration, and/or software development
· 2-4 years working in a Cloud or DevOps type role
· Proficient with at least 2 automation coding languages such as Python, Perl, etc..
· Strong experience building and supporting a Microsoft Azure platform
· Proficient in Linux system administration and common flavors such as Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu
· Experience with code management tools such GITlab
· Working knowledge of container technology and container scheduling.
· Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root cause across various IT componentry and application dependencies
· Knowledgeable in standard ITL practices (Incident, Problem, Change, etc..)
· Strong documentation and communication skills
· Some business travel may be required
· Ability to speak Mandarin a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Staff Cloud/DevOps Engineer job post.✕