The Staff Database Administrator is a key position in the Digital Operations team supporting the platforms for both connected vehicle services and Back Office applications.
This is a hands-on position and candidates should demonstrate deep technical capabilities around setup, design, and scale out of large mySQL, MSSQL, and other RDBMS database platforms. Experience working with both on-prem and cloud environments is a plus. This position is expected to drive the overall design and implementation of the data service platforms and work with cross functional teams across multiple locations.
The position reports to the Director – Cloud Infrastructure
· Broad experience building and supporting RDMBS platforms such as mySQL, MSSQL, PostGRES, Oracle for performance and availability.
· Basic to intermediate technical understanding of other noSQL and BigData platform technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, Pig is a plus
· Defining strategy and selection criteria for the right database platform based on business and technical requirements.
· Building and managing ETL pipelines.
· Work with the application service owners to setup an end-to-end release process from Dev/Test/Stage/Prod
· Building and supporting database platforms for web, streaming, and back office applications.
· Performance tuning and optimization of SQL queries to ensure acceptable response times for applications
· Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of database workloads, and operational support of the environment
· Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
· 8-10 years in hands-on roles supporting database technologies
· Strong understanding of how to design and scale databases for ERP, HCM, Web, streaming, and back office systems
· Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks
· Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time, on budget, and with the approved scope
· Experience supporting large scale database and application upgrades
· Excellent communication skills, ability to turn technical jargon into business terms.
· Ability to work in a global team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside normal scope of work
· Some business travel may be required
· Ability to speak Mandarin a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Staff Database Administrator job post.✕