Staff DevOps Engineer works closely with Engineering teams to build and operate the services that make up the Wellframe platform, while providing technical leadership that differentiates Wellframe’s business capabilities. This includes automating the deployment of resources in Google Cloud Platform, helping instrument the service for metrics and monitoring, and making continuous improvements across our infrastructure. This role sits within the Engineering department and reports to the Manager, DevOps. Success in this role is demonstrated by enabling a highly resilient service to our clients, and maintaining the security of our infrastructure.
Areas of Responsibility:
Translate tasks into software solutions and infrastructure changes
- Deploy and patch our applications in production environments.
- Deliver infrastructure improvements.
- Patch tools and services that our solutions rely on.
- Deploy new monitoring and logging capabilities.
Monitor and debug production issues
- Work with our customer support and engineering teams to debug and fix issues affecting our users.
- Participate in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have exemplary uptime and reliability.
Identify and lead process and technology improvements
- Identify process, tooling, and infrastructure improvements that can have a multiplicative effect on engineering productivity.
- Identify new capabilities that can be unlocked by emergent technologies or processes.
- Develop roadmaps for implementing technical and process improvements.
- Lead delivery of improvements.
Mentor DevOps Engineers
- Work closely with junior DevOps engineers to guide their technical and career growth.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required [hard skills]:
- Knowledge of fundamental CS concepts (algorithms, data structures, complexity).
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python.
- Is up-to-date on network security best practices.
- Has a strong fundamental knowledge of computer networks, with an emphasis on cloud environments and container orchestration frameworks.
- Is up-to-date on industry trends, new services, and capabilities, and can leverage these to design a cost-effective Cloud infrastructure.
- Knows how to create high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed systems.
- Is a developer at heart - sysops by trade - with a passion to beat SLAs and enable a business to grow.
- Has a strong production operations mindset, commitment to workflow CI, and fanatic about process automation and monitoring.
Behaviors & Traits Required [soft skills]:
- Effective communication skills.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
Wellframe's remote-friendly culture means that we operate a hybrid office for employees in the Boston area, and also hire fully remotely across the country.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.