Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores and automating allowance.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to work within our Product Engineering group. In this role, you are going to help highly productive teams build high quality and scalable software to support the doubling of our user-base over the next year. We've moved fast to get to the point we are at today and there are certain parts of our software that need to be modernized. You will help us on that journey and support our teams as they build new features into our apps.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Work with our lead engineers to ensure that we build high-quality scalable backend software
- Work with product and lead engineers to understand the impact of new work
- Work with lead engineers and engineering managers to maintain a technical roadmap that moves us incrementally and continually in the right direction
What you should bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Masters or MBA preferred
- Prior experience working in a high-growth stage company building and architecting SAAS products and solutions
- The ability to provide technical insight and overall direction on projects from concept to delivery
- Highly skilled communicator. You’ll spend a fair part of your day talking and working with others
- Experience designing distributed systems and breaking apart monolithic systems is required
Who we are:
In late 2020, Greenlight was valued at $1.2B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially-smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.