What is Support Products at Airbnb?
Millions of people travel on the Airbnb platform every night. Have you ever wondered how Airbnb supports all of these customers without a physical frontdesk?
To service our fast growing business, Airbnb leverages the latest technology to scale our customer service operation. We ensure that our customers can be helped quickly whenever they need, no matter where they go. The Support Products team is the engineering team responsible for building all of the technologies required to meet these demands.
In the Support Product - Agent Intelligence team, we focus on building smart tools, so that our customer service agents can make the best decisions in complex situations.
What is a Frontend Software Engineer on the Support Products Team at Airbnb?
- You’ll build internal-facing tools used by our customer service agents worldwide.
- You’ll help us to help customers whenever they need assistant.
- You care about building world-class frontends, which combine usability, accessibility, elegance, performance, and maintainability.
- You are innovative and love to work in a fast moving environment.
Some Upcoming Projects:
- We built Guide Designer, a home-grown tool to empower non-technical policy makers to design the best customer service workflow. With this tool, Airbnb can iterate quickly on different workflows and automate many actions without any code change.
- Machine learning based recommendation to customer service agents: the Agent Intelligence team works closely with data scientists to provide in-product recommendation to our customer service agents, so that they can make better decisions within complex situations.
- 8+ years industry experience
- We use React/Redux/ES6/Typescript/Ruby on Rails. You should know how to build products using a modern web development framework (React, Angular, Ember, Vue, etc).
- You are comfortable with all of the fundamental web development technologies (ES6+, HTML, CSS, etc).
- You understand browsers and DOM and can solve cross-browser compatibility issues, optimize client-side performance, and build responsive designs
- You’ve used modern web development tooling to build sites: CSS preprocessors, bundlers, testing frameworks.
- You’re a great teammate, participating in design and code reviews, pairing, and mentoring as needed to make the team better.
- Work with design, product, data science, and research partners to shape the products you’ve built for customers.
- Work beyond just shipping your product; evaluate, evolve, and optimize your work to deliver the best, most valuable user experiences.
- Constantly have an eye towards making front-end development on your team and Airbnb better, identifying and communicating best practices.
- Drive the future of Frontend products in the industry and create world class performance for all of Airbnb’s products.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...