There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Our Mobile Engineering team is growing and we're looking for a hands-on Senior iOS Engineering Manager to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep by helping build and lead our iOS platform and architecture to bring a suite of new software and smart hardware products to market. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer who is passionate about using technology to solve problems for consumers. You will be working alongside a talented and systems-focused team to build our scalable platform. This role will report to the VP of Mobile Engineering. This person must be based in the United States or Canada, preferable Pacific time zone. Hatch is based out of California, so this role must be available during PST/PDT working hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Learn our application architecture, development process, and how we work by building and shipping features
- Work closely with product management to scope, plan, and rapidly develop and ship features
- Partner with management and implementation teams to learn and understand our processes
- Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities and areas of improvement
Within 6 Months:
- Develop, maintain, and optimize mobile applications for Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi enabled IoT hardware products
- Understand and debug issues spanning app, cloud, and firmware domains in order to make system level design tradeoffs and decisions
- Guide, mentor and lead direct reports to achieve their potential and goals while embodying Hatch values
After 1 Year:
- Collaborate with the teams and business partners to develop processes and procedures that enable a flexible organization able to deliver business value quickly.
- Develop long-term solutions while being mindful of short-term priorities and requirements
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience building mobile apps for iOS.
- Minimum 4+ years of technical and management leadership
- Proficiency in Swift, Swift UI, and Swift Package Manager
- Hands-on mentality, we keep management lean and look to contribute 70% to code and 30% towards management
- Strong leadership skills both driving projects and leading teams
- Experience structuring (or restructuring) a large iOS app with more than 10-20 developers
- Experience with CI and delivery tools. (Fastlane, TestFlight, GitHub Actions, Ruby/Python/Shell scripting).
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, async and cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
- Experience working with IoT and connected devices a bonus
- Passion for exploring and hands-on with new technologies that improve our products for consumers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 96% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.