You possess strong software engineering fundamentals and extensive experience working with Java. You have broad experience working with distributed systems. You enjoy digging into unknown codebases to unravel unexpected behaviors. You value reliability, testability, and maintainability. You're proud of the code you write and systems you design, but you're also pragmatic and believe in iteration. You know when it is time to refactor, and when it's time to ship. You desire to be part of a team that is founded upon the aforementioned principles.
About the Position
The Core Engineering team is focused on designing systems for scale and reliability while planning for the future of Airship’s stack and product direction. We provide low latency services that process a stream of events from both apps/web/mobile wallet/email/SMS and internal services. We also support large analytical workloads, querying across billions of events and Terabytes of data.
● Our backend infrastructure is built on the Google Cloud Platform.
● Our backend infrastructure is primarily Java.
● Our platform uses microservices that talk to SQL and NoSQL databases.
The Core Engineering team is a new team at Airship. As such, this position will be heavily involved in forming the culture and foundation of the team.
Experience and Skills
● 5+ years experience with operating and maintaining distributed systems
● Experience in leading and owning multiple large scale releases/projects
● Experience defining standards on how product features and services are built by multiple teams is a plus
● Calmly work in a fast-paced environment to ensure continuous delivery
● Experience providing structured mentorship and guidance for less experienced engineers, helping them break tasks down, providing thoughtful code reviews, and taking responsibility for the growth of the engineers on your team
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Solid fundamentals with Linux
● Interfacing with product teams to ensure correct design and implementation.
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies
rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.