Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Staff or Principal level Machine Learning Data Scientist to lead the Ads Quality team. You will work closely with engineers and product owners from our Ads team to 1) set up the vision and product strategy of ads quality and relevance, 2) optimize ads delivery and auction systems through utility function design, 3) measure various marketplace tradeoffs. This person is an industry leader in the online ads marketplace optimization domain with a solid technical background, strong business acumen, and excellent cross-functional stakeholders management skills.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Research, design and develop contextual ad relevance models. Reddit ads are a combination of text, image, user and ad engagement attributes. You will use modern deep learning techniques to combine those signals to measure ad quality.
- You will design metrics and mechanisms to understand different tradeoffs between user engagement and ad quality. You will develop algorithms that would optimize both ad quality and ad delivery.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, data deep dive), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations needed for training, testing and productionizing models.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineering managers and leadership in shaping the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Industry leader in online advertising with a focus on ads marketplace
- 8+ years of experience (for Bachelor’s/Master’s); 6+ years of experience (for Phd) in quantitative/modeling roles
- Proficiency in machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization
- Understanding of experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one of the Deep Learning platforms (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Computer vision experience strongly preferred
- Strong skills in SQL and programming (Python or R)
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].